Have you ever seen rope charger plates used in a table setting before? They look amazing! They add depth to your tablescape, interest and texture! If you’ve ever seen some at Pottery Barn, they can run upwards of $50 per charger! So, I thought that I would go the DIY route at a fraction of the cost 🙂
How To Make a Rope Charger
- Scrap fabric to glue the rope to
- Jute rope. This is the kind I got. I used about 50 feet per plate.
- Glue gun and glue
DIY Rope Placemat Tutorial
- Start with laying your fabric out on a table. You’ll need a piece that’s at least as big as you’d like your charger to be.
- Get your 50 foot length of jute rope. Take the end and curl it around itself. Glue the bottom of it to the center of your fabric.
- Then simply glue the rest of the rope to the fabric in a circular motion.
- When you’re all done, cut away the excess fabric and you’re done! You now have a gorgeous, DIY rope charger!
It took me about 30 minutes to make each charger. Not bad! Turn on some Netflix and go at it 🙂 I used mine on my Thanksgiving tablescape and loved how they looked! Check it out here.
Did you love this post? Don’t forget to Pin and share!