Hey there! I’m Nicole and I’m really excited you stopped by! Birkley Lane Interiors is where I go to share my love of all things home. I would definitely consider myself a homebody, an outgoing-introvert and a lover of sweatpants (stylish sweatpants)! I grew up in Utah where my family and faith were central in my life. Ever since I can remember, my favorite thing to do was to play house and pretend to be the mom.
This is me in my “mom outfit” with my baby. I was about 3 here. You’re welcome 😉
My biggest dream in life was to get married, have a beautiful house and kids to run around in it 🙂 I was about 10 when I first started rearranging the furniture in my room and once I did, I was hooked! I love rearranging furniture, trying out new decor and changing things up. I still remember the first gallery wall I did in my room when I was in high school. It was pretty amazing 😉 and I was so proud of myself!
As with most things in life, the road to reaching my dreams took a lot of detours, but it eventually led me to this guy.
Sam and I met while we were in college at BYU. I was almost done with my degree and Sam still had a ways to go….aaaand he still needed to pick a major 😉 I was 26 and Sam was 24 when we got married and started our adventure together. (We look so young!)
And we’ve added two cuties to the party! Lincoln is 3 and Hinley is 21 months…..they came to us 16 months apart, and even though I thought I would never survive the first year, we all came through it unscathed (mostly)!
We just moved to St. Louis, Missouri for Sam to start his MFA program at Washington University, and we are finally living in a house! All the space and room to decorate is a dream come true for me. Let’s be honest, its not my dream house, but that’s ok! (We’ve still got a ways to go before we get there!)
Here are some random facts about me that I’m sure you’re dying to know 😉
- I love pizza. Like, love, love it. I eat it at least weekly. We even served pizza at our wedding reception—done very stylishly, of course!
- I love romantic comedies. Ever After. While You Were Sleeping. Run Away Bride. I can quote them all!
- I LOVE going to the movies.
- I love being comfy in my sweats, but I also love getting dressed up and going out!
- I don’t love playing games…but Sam does, so I do it. And if it doesn’t last too long, I usually stay pretty happy 😉
- I love big, hoop earrings and big hair. (Too bad I only made it to kindergarten in the 80’s, I would have rocked that decade!)
- I hate cooking, but I do it because I firmly believe having family dinner together is majorly important. And it saves money to cook from home.
- Also, I love spending money.
- I have a thing for purses. I have a lot of them. Its a problem.
- I also love wallets. Another problem.
- I love accessories-the decorating kind. Pillows, throws, rugs, baskets, trays and anything with pattern!
- Finally, I believe in being real and doing what you love. I’ve always been so affected by my surroundings and I’m passionate about creating a home that feels happy, comfy and stylish.
So now what?
Interested in my most popular posts? Check them out here!
- Three Ways to Decorate Like a Designer
- 20 Mind Blowing Organization Ideas
- 40 Gallery Wall Ideas
- 10 Ways To Decorate Above Kitchen Cabinets
- 5 Ways to Decorate on a Budget
What can I do for YOU??
I want to help YOU love the home you’re in! Whether you just want to take a look around the blog and see what’s going on, sign up for my weekly newsletter full of great ideas and FREEBIES, or have me help you with styling a room or figuring out a design problem, I hope I can help make your home feel more authentically YOU.